Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blackberry 8830>Iphone 3Gs>HtcG2>HtcEvo4g>blackberryBold9650 My smartphone Odyssey.

I did something last week that is going against the grain of the times.  I switched from Android back to Blackberry.  I left Blackberry after having the 8830 for about one year, I really loved that phone.  It was made of metal, not plastic like most phones now, had a real solid feel.  Like most people around 2008 I had a fascination towards the iphone, based on the brilliant marketing campaign by apple, they had captured trendy and cool, the scarcity of the phone like it was Michael Jackson at a concert in 1984, all the hype, it was fun to see this phenomena.  So without any real issues with the Blackberry 8830 and actually much fondness for it, I gave it up and switched to the Iphone on AT#T and joined the trend.  At first, like most I was enamored by the device, it was great to have an ipod and phone in one, the web browser was great, and all the bells and whistles.  I missed something however, I couldn't quite figure out what it was, or put my finger on it.  I had the iphone for one year, than lost it in a cab, I had heard all the hype about android, and did still miss that physical keyboard, So I decided to try out the Google G2 on tmobile.  It was cool, had some great features and apps, was a bit more clunky than the iphone, the android marketplace felt like a flea market compared to the Iphone app store.  Still something was missing, I couldn't figure out what, so I decided to switch over to Sprint and the Evo, largely because someone at radio shack had told me this was still the best phone on the market.  I had the evo for 45 days, battery drained FAST.  I tried app killer, battery saver all kinds of tinkering with it, nothing worked.  It would die within two hours, So I realized, what is the point of having this cool phone, that has all these gadgets and apps and great big screen if its powered by a weak battery.  So after some soul searching, I went full circle and realized Blackberry was the phone for me after all.  So taking a two year detour, I now feel like I had a girl I really loved, got the wandering eye, and came back only to find she is more refined, and put together than she was when I left her.

No comments:

Post a Comment