Thursday, January 20, 2011

circumcision conversation while camping


This was a IM conversation between two people
Ali a 28 year old woman and Erik a 32 year old man

Ali:
When I was 8 years old I went camping with my dad brother and cousin Dan,
Erik:
In Ontario?
Ali:
Yeah
Erik:
Was it fun?
Ali:
It was, but for some reason I had heard the word circumcision somewhere and I have no idea why, but I asked them what it was?
Erik
Wow
Ali:
Yeah, they were all silent, no one responded, so I realized it was a bad question.
Erik
Yeah, when I was 8 I heard the word lesbian and asked my mother in a restaurant, what that word meant, and she just ignored me, so I figured she couldn't hear me, that I wasn't speaking loud enough so I yelled “Mom! Whats a Lesbian!?”
the whole place was silent and she shot me a look, I'll never forget that look, then she said “Instead of a Boy liking a girl, its like a girl liking a girl” that made sense to me at that point.
Ali:
That's a good explanation actually
Erik:
yeah, it was, did they ever tell you what a circumcision was?
Ali:
no they never did
Erik:
So you still don't know?
Ali
correct, I do not know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment