Monday, March 26, 2012

Gummo (film review)

I have been an avid movie goer my entire life, this is the only film I've ever seen that I had to stop watching half way through. The story revolves around a small town in Ohio that was wiped out by a tornado and never fully recovered. The kids in the town indulge in all kinds of deviant activities in order to pass the time and entertain themselves, as well as make money. It seems as though the director thought about the most disgusting, depressing and depraved things he could, and then threw them all into a film, I can appreciate that, for the sake of imagination, but this film was nearly unwatchable. It wasn't really one part, or scene in particular that did it, but was the entire film as a whole was uniquely disturbing. If you are going to see this film don't eat for about six to eight hours before, and please for the love of God, don't watch it under the influence of psychedelic drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment