Monday, March 26, 2012

Tim Ferriss, Slow Carb Diet

I started the Slow Carb Diet based on the book "The 4 hour Body" by Tim Ferriss over three weeks ago.  While my weight has fluctuated, I am down from 193 to 183.5 with little exercise, light walking.  I have had epic binge days, this past Saturday I had three donuts from Dunkin Donuts, angel hair pasta with broccoli, a bag of m&m peanuts, a 20 oz. bottle of Squirt, can of cherry coke, can of regular coke, 12" cheese and pepperoni pizza, Extra large coffee with cream and sugar.  My weight spiked five pounds after that, weighing in on Sunday at 188.5 off of the 183.5 Saturday morning weigh in.  I should mention I am a 5 foot 10 inch male.  Aside from my binge days, which according to Ferris prevent your thyroid from switching you down into starvation mode and keeps your metabolism guessing, I have followed the diet pretty close to his guidelines, occasionally I may have a pork sausage or a bit more 4% cottage cheese than he suggests having but all in all mostly accurate.  I have also not has as many beans as he suggests.  My review of the diet so far, after three full weeks, is that its a great way to adapt to a healthy lifestyle and long term plan.  The binge day, while counter intuitive, does seem to be helping me with cravings for things I would want and probably abandon the diet for if it wasn't allowed on the one day per week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment